May 13, 2020
We take on a tough issue today, but we also discuss how we can
take some steps to improve the situation.
*** MAY MONDAYS PHOTO CHALLENGE ***
Share a photo from your walk!
For each Monday that you either:
1) post a photo to your Instagram feed or story,
and then tag @wellnesswhilewalking, OR
2)that you post to OUR Facebook page
...you will be entered in a giveaway of my
favorite gratitude tool!
Snap away, and then come share the fun!
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
- Wellness While Walking Facebook page
- Wellness While Walking on Instagram
- Wellness While Walking on Twitter
- Wellness While Walking website for show notes and other information
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be
- “The Link Between Coronvirus Deaths
and Those French Fries,” bostonglobe.com
- “Overweight people at greater risk
from coronavirus, heightened by COVID-19 links to respiratory
- “How Diet is Driving Covid 19
Outcomes With Dr. Aseem Malhotra,” Dr. Mark Hyman, Doctor’s
Farmacy Podcast, April 24, 2020.
- “Obesity New Risk Factors for Young
Covid Patients,” webmd.com
- "Obesity and Impaired Metabolic
Health in Patients With COVID-19," nature.com
- “This is Why People With Obesity Are
More Likely to Die From Coronavirus,” weforum.org
- "Is Adipose Tissue a Reservoir for
Viral Spread, Immune Activation and Cytokine Amplification in
COVID-19," Obesity Journal, wiley.com
MEDITERRANEAN DIET, AND MORE
- "Chronic Inflammation,"
- “Doctors Fear Obesity Diagnosis Will
Embarrass Patients,” washingtontimes.com
- "Why Do Obese Patients Get Worse
Care? Many Doctors Don't See Past the Fat," nyt.com
- "Obesity Could Shift Severe COVID-19
Disease to Younger Ages," thelancet.com
- “It’s Time We Were Honest About
Obesity and Covid-19,” life.spectator.co.uk
- “Six Keys to Reducing
- “The Health Benefits of Losing Just
5% of Your Body Weight,” nbcnews.com
- The Mediterranean Method, Dr.
Steven Masley, MD.
- "Mediterranean Diet,"
- “Why I’ve Stopped Telling My
Patients to Lose Weight,” wbur.org
- “Self-Coaching: Five Tips to Coach
Yourself Through Change,” chriskresser.com
- “Doctors Often Don’t Counsel the
- “Six Foods That Cause
- "I Went to Italy to Eat, and Learned an
Ugly Truth About the Italian Diet," vox.com
Neither I nor most of my podcast guests are doctors or
healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast
or associated content should be considered medical advice. The
information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and
associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road
Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only.
It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical
advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your
physician or other qualified health care provider with any
questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment,
and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including