Oct 5, 2022
Our bodies (and also our minds) were meant to be challenged, and
sometimes, in our comfortable society, the challenges aren’t there.
It’s okay: we can orchestrate a few challenges fairly easily to get
all the advantages of our systems being taxed as designed --
advantages which include enhanced health, feeling great, slowing
aging and building our resilience! Also, stay for the shout-outs
LET’S TALK THE WALK!
RESOURCES AND SOURCES (some links may be
HORMESIS: STRESSORS IN ALL THE RIGHT WAYS FOR OPTIMAL HEALTH
- Wellness While Walking Ep. 32 -- Dr.
- Wellness While Walking Ep. 33 -- Dr.
Elizabeth Boham, Part 2
- Wellness While Walking Ep. 71 --
- How Children Succeed: Grit,
Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character, Paul Tough.
- Paul Tough: Our Children Need More
- Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes,
- What ACEs/PCEs Do You Have?
- Hormesis, wikipedia.org
- By the Way, Doctor: Could Swimming
in Cool Water Give Me a Heart Attack? health.harvard.edu
- Cold Showers: A Scientist Explains
if They Are As Good For You as Wim Hof (The Iceman) Suggests,
- The Huberman Lab Podcast (many episodes deal with
hormetic stressors), hubermanlab.com
- Hormesis: The Key to Understanding
Why Stressors Are a Good Thing, wimhofmethod.com
- What Is Whole Body Cryotherapy?
- What Are the Benefits of
- Blogcast: A Masterclass in
- Restore Cryotherapy (a wellness center's
- How Brown Fat Improves
- Hormetic Stress: Could HIIT, Hot
Saunas, and Cold Showers be the Anxiety-Busters We Need In
Difficult Times? theguardian.com
- Rhonda Patrick is Back: Joe Rogan
- Hormetic Effects of Phytochemicals
on Health and Longevity, researchgate.net
- Xenohormesis Underlies the
Anti-Aging and Healthy Properties of Olive Polyphenols,
- What Doesn’t Kill Plants May Make Us
- The Role of Hormesis in Life Extenstion By
Dietary Restriction, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Why Certain Plant Compounds May
Mimic Dietary Restriction, nutritionfacts.org
- The Phytoprotective Agent
Sulforaphane Prevents Inflammatory Degenerative Diseases and
Age-Related Pathologies via Nrf2-Mediated Hormesis,
- What to Eat for Health and
- The Benefits and Risks of the
Hormetic Effects of Dietary Isothiocyanates on Cancer
HOW TO RATE AND REVIEW WELLNESS WHILE WALKING
How to Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts on Your iOS
- Open Apple Podcast App (purple app icon that says
- Go to the icons at the bottom of the screen and choose
- Search for “Wellness While Walking”
- Click on the SHOW, not the episode.
- Scroll all the way down to “Ratings and Reviews” section
- Click on “Write a Review” (if you don’t see that option, click
on “See All” first)
- Then you will be able to rate the show on a five-star scale (5
is highest rating) and write a review!
- Thank you! I so appreciate this!
How to Leave a Review on Apple Podcasts on a
- VisitWellness While Walking
page on Apple Podcasts in your web browser (search
for Apple Podcasts or click here)
- Click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” or “Open the App”
- This will open Apple Podcasts and put in search bar at top left
“Wellness While Walking”
- This should bring you to the show, not a particular episode –
click on the show’s artwork
- Scroll down until you see “Rating and Reviews”
- Click on “See All” all the way to the right, near the Ratings
and Review Section and its bar chart
- To leave a written review, please click on “Write a
- You’ll be able to leave a review, along with a title for it,
plus you’ll be able to rate the show on the 5-star scale (with 5
being the highest rating)
- Thank you so very much!!
OTHER APPS WHERE REVIEWS ARE POSSIBLE
Overcast (if you star certain episodes, or every one, that will
help others find the show)
HOW TO SHARE WELLNESS WHILE WALKING
- Wellness While Walking on Apple
- Wellness While Walking on Spotify
- Link for any podcast app: pod.link/walking
- Wellness While Walking website
- Or screenshot a favorite episode playing on your phone and
share to social media or to a friend via text or email!
- Thanks for sharing! : )
Neither I nor many of my podcast guests are doctors or
healthcare professionals of any kind, and nothing on this podcast
or associated content should be considered medical advice. The
information provided by Wellness While Walking Podcast and
associated material, by Whole Life Workshop and by Bermuda Road
Wellness LLC is for informational and entertainment purposes only.
It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical
advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your
physician or other qualified health care provider with any
questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment,
and before undertaking a new health care regimen, including
Thanks for listening to Wellness While Walking, a
walking podcast and a "best podcast for walking"!